Unicef Rights Respecting School –
Article 31: All children have the right to relax and play and to join in a wide range of activities.
- Enable the children to sample from a range of activities and pursuits that will help them choose leisure activities for adult life.
- Enable the children to have fun and enjoy a range of activities.
- Enable the children to extend their enjoyment of particular areas of learning through more in-depth study and activity.
- Encourage the children to develop friendships between age groups and to work together cooperatively.
Our extra-curricular activities fall into the following categories:
- Lunchtime activities run by staff.
- Lunchtime activities run by the children but overseen by a designated member of staff.
- After school activities run by members of staff.
- After school activities run by outside providers.
We try to include activities that the children themselves have asked for. Their thoughts and ideas have been gathered from a survey undertaken at a School Council meeting.
We are always looking for new opportunities and activities for the children to experience and welcome suggestions from parents and the wider community.
Please see the attached timetable indicating the activities on offer during the Autumn Term.
Have Fun! Join a Club!