Unicef Rights Respecting School –
Article 31: All children have the right to relax and play and to join in a wide range of activities.
The children at Manor Park First School enjoy a full curriculum and whenever possible we make it broad, interesting and relevant. However there are areas of learning which are not in the scope of the normal school day but which we recognise as being beneficial to our children. We aim to offer these opportunities through various types of provision delivered by school staff, the children themselves and external providers – all with a view to increasing the range of experiences that the children have, enabling them to make informed choices for adult life.
By encouraging extra curricula activities we intend to:
- Enable the children to sample from a range of activities and pursuits that will help them choose leisure activities for adult life.
- Enable the children to have fun and enjoy a range of activities.
- Enable the children to extend their enjoyment of particular areas of learning through more in-depth study and activity.
- Encourage the children to develop friendships between age groups and to work together cooperatively.
Our extra-curricular activities fall into the following categories:
- Lunchtime activities run by staff.
- Lunchtime activities run by the children but overseen by a designated member of staff.
- After school activities run by members of staff.
- After school activities run by outside providers.
We try to include activities that the children themselves have asked for. Their thoughts and ideas have been gathered from a survey undertaken at a School Council meeting.
We are always looking for new opportunities and activities for the children to experience and welcome suggestions from parents and the wider community.
Please see the attached timetable indicating the activities on offer during the Autumn Term.
Have Fun! Join a Club!